PureSperm Speedkit provides an alternative method of preparing human sperm for IUI – the UniLayer filtration of semen.
10 patient preps
Layering a density gradient correctly is difficult and achieving optimal results can be challenging. In addition, a “swim up” process does not remove sperm with abnormal morphology or damaged DNA, and does not separate out bacteria and viruses from the sperm preparation. For this reason, many clinicians in small clinics or private practices are looking for a better, safe, and effective method of preparing sperm for intra-uterine insemination that will improve their results. Enter Speedkit and the UniLayer filtration system.
Recommendations for viscous samples
It can be extremely difficult to obtain good yields of motile sperm from highly viscous semen samples. Nidacon has developed a method that could be helpful to you in the lab. Simply add PureSperm Buffer to the ejaculate, incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes and the sample is ready to use. This will give you a much higher proportion of motile sperm.
For sperm preparation from a viscous semen sample:
- Bring all solutions to room temperature (17 to 27°C).
- Measure the volume of the semen sample.
- Dilute 1+2 (1 part PureSperm Buffer and 2 parts semen sample, e.g., 0.5 ml PureSperm Buffer + 1.0 ml semen sample).
- Incubate at 37°C for 15-30 minutes.
- Mix using a pipette.
- Ready for sperm preparation on a density gradient.
The PureSperm SpeediKit is an alternative method of preparing human sperm for IUI. The kit contains sufficient sperm preparation materials for ten patients, already dispensed in Type 1 glass centrifuge tubes.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- hSA (human Serum Albumin)
- Sodium citrate
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- Purified water
- Silane-coated silica
- pH of PureSperm UniLayer: 7.4 – 7.8.
- pH of PureSperm Wash: 7.3 – 8.5.
- Osmolality of PureSperm UniLayer (mOsm/kg H2O): 300 – 330.
- Osmolality of PureSperm Wash (mOsm/kg H2O): 290 – 300.
- Endotoxin levels (EU/mL): <1.0.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival only.
- Tubes and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability
- Store between 2 and 30ºC. Avoid temperatures above or below these values. When stored under these conditions, the contents of the kit have a shelf-life of minimum 12 months from date of production. The expiry date is shown on both tubes and cartons. The shelf-life described on the product label is only applicable when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added to PureSperm SpeediKit.
Precautions and warnings
- When retrieving the sperm pellet, follow the instructions given in the pack insert to avoid inadvertent contamination.
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
- Clean accidental spills using a dampened cloth or paper. Spilled PureSperm SpeediKit causes floors and benches to be extremely slippery.
- PureSperm SpeediKit does not present a fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
What do I need to perform the sperm preparation using Speedikit?
You only need a centrifuge and some sterile pipettes. PureSperm Speedikit includes the prefilled tubes for both separation and washing of the sample.
Do I need an incubator for performing a sperm preparation with Speedikit?
No, the whole procedure is performed at room temperature.