A simple and stable way of vapour freezing
The Nidacon CryoFloater is a device designed for use during the cryo-preservation of sperm with liquid nitrogen. CryoFloater functions as a floatation device, carrying straws or vials of semen (or prepared sperm) when freezing with liquid nitrogen vapour. The CryoFloater provides a constant distance between the straws/vials and the nitrogen surface, thereby allowing the sperm to freeze in the vapour, not in the fluid.
Watch video tutorial – Freezing
- The CryoFloater is a non-sterile floating device made of Polyethylene.
- Intended use is to float on liquid nitrogen carrying straws or vials of prepared sperm/semen for liquid nitrogen vapour freezing.
- Provides a constant distance between the straws and the nitrogen surface as the nitrogen evaporates. The sperm will be frozen in the vapour of the nitrogen.
- Tested extensively to determine the optimal height over the nitrogen surface.
- Serves as a perfect back-up system in the case of brake-down of a programmed-freezer.
- Quite inexpensive considering its usefulness.
- Polyethylene foam
Distance above liquid nitrogen surface:
- Straws 15 mm
- Vials 20 mm
Storage and Stability
Do not store in direct sunlight.
Precautions and warnings
- CryoFloater does not present a fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Not for drug, household or other uses.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
- Discard with normal waste.
- Do not use if broken.
Although it is possible to freeze unprocessed semen, we recommend that the ejaculate be prepared on a PureSperm density gradient and washed with PureSperm Wash before adding Sperm CryoProtec. This method removes seminal plasma as well as ROS and their sources, thereby ensuring optimal recovery of motile sperm after thawing.
Instructions for use – View PDF
Product insert (latest version) – View PDF
For other languages, contact Nidacon